Thursday, October 4, 2007

asteroid mind.

i've always been that girl with the lopsided crown.
the one who won thrift shop prom queen hands down.
then as the last dance played, i was left under the torn-down streamers.
my dress in shreds, and my heart in need of a neon colored cast,
i walked home in the fog.
i cried and had cupid sew my heart with a silver lining
because i never could get it right.
i always had the right mind, but the wrong idea for these sort of things.
so this is me, the girl with the silver-lined heart desperate
for pink tuxed prom king wearing his converse, who fell where the sidewalk almost ended and in all the chaos of her fall, in the crack of the concrete a small daisy grew.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I like that. Did you write it? If you did, you should definitely post it on the CWP blog.

Caitlin said...

i did. thanks.